Seminar WavEC 2022 – Offshore Wind in Iberia: Innovation & Perspectives
TWIND Final Event
10 November 2022, Lisbon
WavEC Offshore Renewables is organising its annual Seminar 2022 in collaboration with the Embassy of Spain in Portugal.
We are glad to meet all again in person to discuss the prospects of offshore wind development in the Iberian coast, supply chain and innovative projects.
The event will also present the European TWIND project focused on knowledge transfer to support offshore wind growth.
We invite you to join this in-person event.
10TH NOVEMBER - WAVEC SEMINAR 2022
- António Sarmento, President of the Board of WavEC Offshore Renewables
- Marta Betanzos Roig, Ambassador of Spain to Portugal
- José Maria Costa, Secretary of State for Maritime Affairs
SESSION I: Perspectives on Floating Offshore Wind Industry in the Iberian region
Moderator: Pedro Amaral Jorge, APREN
- Carmen María Roa Tortosa, IDAE - Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving - "The Roadmap for Offshore Wind & Marine Energy in Spain"
- Filipe Pinto, DGEG - Directorate General for Energy and Geology
- José Pinheiro, Ocean Winds
- Ricardo Rocha, BayWa
- Adrian de Andres, Iberblue Wind
- Pablo Alcón Valero, Capital Energy
SESSION II: Technology Innovation and Research
Moderator: Carlos Pinho, Companhia de Energia Oceânica
- João Neves, X1 Wind - “An innovative single point mooring system to reduce the LCOE of Floating Offshore Wind”
- David Carrascosa, SAITEC Offshore Technologies - "Saitec - We envision a better future harnessing the power of the wind"
- Alex Fairtlough, EnerOcean - "W2Power – Sea Proven Technology for Cost Effective Floating Wind Power, Now."
- Misael Goicoechea, ACCIONA Construcción - “Serial Manufacturing of concrete foundations: A roadmap for scalability of offshore wind”
- Lúcio Rodrigues, Principle Power - “WindFloat®: ready to bring floating offshore wind forward onto utility-scale in Iberia”
- Miguel Silva, Corpower Ocean - “Wave power. To power the planet.”
SESSION III: Iberian Supply Chain Readiness for Floating Offshore Wind Commercialization
Moderator: Ricardo Morgado, WAM
- Andreia Fernandes, EIT InnoEnergy - “Iberian supply chain readiness for floating offshore wind comercialization”
- José Cândido, WavEC - “Realising the offshore wind targets in Portugal"
- Germán Pérez Morán, TECNALIA - “TWIND project activities for the stakeholders engagement in the offshore wind supply chain”
- Tiago Ornelas, ENDIPREV - “Endiprev, a global offshore supplier Today”
- Antonio Sánchez Pérez, Navantia - “Navantia: The Global supplier”
- Nuno Vaz, TechnipFMC - “Local Capabilities with Global Reach”
SESSION IV: Making marine renewables a competitive and reliable option for clean power supply
Moderator: Luísa Carrilho, GAP - Gómez-Acebo & Pombo Abogados
- Emilio Nieto Gallego, Centro Nacional del Hidrógeno - “OCEAN-H2 - Generation, storage and supply of green hydrogen produced onshore”
- Bruno Miguel Pacheco Correia, Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands (PLOCAN) - "The ocean: PLOCAN - Co-locating Wind Projects and Hydrogen production."
- Carlos Pinho, INESC TEC
- José Oliveira, Ørsted - “Floating offshore wind – roadmap to competitiveness”
- João Galamba, Secretary of State of Energy (Video)