Wave Energy in Southern Europe
The project aims to develop environmental monitoring around wave energy converters (WECs) operating at sea; to develop efficient guidance for planning and consenting procedures in Spain and Portugal for WE projects to better inform decision-makers and managers on environmental real risks and reduce environmental consenting uncertainty; to develop and implement innovative maritime spatial planning (MSP) Decision Support Tools (DSTs) for Portugal and Spain for site selection of WE projects; to develop a Data Sharing Platform that will serve data providers, developers and regulators.
- Coordination of the overall project's environmental monitoring component
- Review of marine renewable licensing systems in Portugal and Spain
- Preparation of the Monitoring Plans for Noise, EMF and Seabed Integrity report
- Support for monitoring campaigns for electromagnetic fields, acoustics and seabed integrity carried out in Spain.
- Participation in the acoustic data collection campaign in the Bimep test area and in the Mutriku wave plant.
WavEC Coordinator: Pedro Vinagre
Total Funding (Requested EU contribution): € 749 136
WavEC Funding: € 146 290
Duration: November 2018 – November 2021 (36 months)
Coordinator: AZTI – Fundación AZTI – AZTI Fundazioa
Partners: AZTI – Fundación AZTI – AZTI Fundazioa, WavEC - WavEC Offshore Renewables, Bimep - Biscay Marine Energy Platform, IDOM, S.L., CTN - Asociación Centro Tecnológico Naval y del Mar, AWE - AW Enery Oy and HIDROMOD – Modelação em Engenharia, Lda