We promote the development of marine renewable energy supported by R&D, innovation and transfer of knowledge.
We provide the necessary technical expertise in the Offshore Aquaculture sector that has been the focus of a growing interest.
We offer a wide range of specialized technical solutions and engineering solutions for the ocean economy (Blue Economy).
COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE CODES
- A 3D linear radiation-diffraction BEM codes (boundary element method)
- Operational and extreme load analysis
- Blade and tower fatigue
- Transient events: wind gusts, turbine shutdown, etc.
- Power production and control
- Loadings on offshore structure in extreme conditions
- Time series of mooring line tension
- Wave drift loads
- A viscous-flow CFD code that solves multiphase unsteady incompressible flows using the RANS equations.
- WavEC is the representative of NUMECA in Portugal
IN-HOUSE NUMERICAL TOOLS
- Strategic support tool for scenarios building, to support future foresight action plan based on the morphological analysis
- Optimisation tool to select and size energy sources to satisfy a predefined load profile
- To identify suitable configuration of floaters to maximize lifetime, prevent overdesign and reduce costs
- Predict species growth based on water temperature and body weight for production costs and profit calculations
- Information on the organisms’ occurrence and key biofouling parameters to the MRE sector
- Applicable to Offshore Wind, Wave & Tidal Energy and Offshore Aquaculture
- Validated database with over 16’000 vessels
- Can accommodate project specific requirements
- Hydrodynamic interactions
- Power production
- Loads, motions, velocities, accelerations
- Estimating the Levelised Cost of Energy (LCoE)
- Corrective, calendar and condition based maintenance
- Safety (environmental and maritime), logistics and forecast