Portugal and Canada: Advancing the Blue Economy through Intercontinental Collaboration
SAVE THE DATE
9th and 10th of December 2020
WavEC Seminar 2020 and B2B Meetings
WavEC Offshore Renewables organised its annual Seminar 2020 in collaboration with the Embassy of Canada to Portugal. The event took place on the 9th and 10th of December online.
The two-day online event included a world-class roster of speakers. They shared knowledge on floating offshore wind, alongside latest advances in wave power, floating solar, hydrogen and offshore aquaculture.
Crucially, there is also an opportunity for delegates to gain direct access to headline speakers and other attendees through ‘Business 2 Business’ meetings.
Read the latest Pres release about the Seminar here.
All times listed are Lisbon time, GMT/UTC
The event report is available on video here.
- WavEC Offshore Renewables, António Sarmento, President of the Board
- Embassy Canada to Portugal, Lisa Rice Madan, Ambassador of Canada to Portugal
- Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Ricardo Serrão Santos, Minister of Maritime Affairs
SESSION I – OCEAN ENERGY: WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS IN A SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRIALIZATION?
Chair: EDP NEW, João Maciel, Board Member EDP NEW Centre for New Energy Technologies
• Corpower Ocean, Patrik Möller, CEO, Hiwave project in Portugal
• AW-Energy, Jussi Åkerberg, CTO, WaveRoller: From Demo to Customer Asset
• Teamwork Technology, Fred Gardner, CEO, Dutch-Portuguese cooperation to develop Symphony wave power
• DP Energy, Simon De Pietro, CEO, Pathway to Industrialisation - a Project Developers View
• Sustainable Marine Energy, Jason Hayman, CEO, Ocean energy: what are the next steps in a successful industrialization?
SESSION II – OFFSHORE WIND DEVELOPMENT IN PORTUGAL AND CANADA
Chair: ASM Industries, Ricardo Morgado, Chief Commercial Officer
- Ocean Winds, Jose Pinheiro, WindFloat Atlantic project
- Marine Renewables Canada, Elisa Obermann, Executive Director, The opportunity for offshore wind in Canada
- SBM Offshore, Damien Lavagna, Project Manager, SBM Offshore Wind Floater and perspectives in Portugal
- X1Wind, Alex Raventos, CEO & Co-founder, PivotBuoy Project
- WavEC, Amorina Armayor/Manuel Rentschler, TWIND project, Twinning for an Offshore Wind Energy Partnership / Umbilical design tool
- Northland Power David Timm, Senior Director, Global Head of Public Affairs, Canadian Expertise in the Global Offshore Wind Market
SESSION III – OPPORTUNITIES PROMOTING A SUSTAINABLE BLUE ECONOMY
Chair: Hidromod, José Chambel Leitão, Managing Partner
- EDP, Miguel Patena, Director, New perspectives on Floating Solar
- Canada's Ocean Supercluster, Kendra MacDonald, CEO, Opportunities in Promoting a Sustainable Blue Economy
- OCEANIC Motion/AQUAZOR, Paulo Serra Lopes, Director, Offshore Aquaculture in Azores
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Aaron Hoskin, Senior Manager, Senior Manager, Intergovernmental Initiatives, Fuel Diversification, Hydrogen Pathways, Enabling a Clean Growth Future for the blue economy
- Hydrogen Optimized, Edward Stuart, Vice President of product strategy, Green Hydrogen at Scale
SESSION IV – LEVERAGING INNOVATIVE FINANCE FOR THE BLUE ECONOMY GROWTH
Chair: Gómez-Acebo & Pombo Abogados, Luisa Carrilho da Graça, Senior associate in the Corporate Finance and Energy departments
- FORCE- Fundy Ocean Research Centre for Energy, Tony Wright, General Manager, Supporting Sustainable Development of Marine Renewable Energy
- +ATLANTIC Colab, Mário Vieira, Presenting ACT: the Atlantic Lab for Future Technologies
- EMEC - European Marine Energy Centre, Nicolas Wallet, Blue-GIFT - Blue Growth and Innovation Fast Tracked
- DGPM – Directorate-General for Maritime Policy of the Ministry for the Sea, Helena Vieira, General Director, How Public Funding can be used to foster Blue Economy Growth
- Ministry for the Environment and Climate Action, João Galamba, Deputy Minister and Secretary of State for Energy
- Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Manuel Heitor, Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education
10th DECEMBER - B2B MEETINGS
2PM and 6PM UTC/GMT, online
FORCE- Fundy Ocean Research Centre for Energy