Marine Renewable Infrastructure Network for Enhancing Technologies 2
Building upon the achievements of its FP7 predecessor, MaRINET2 ensures the continued integration and enhancement of all leading European research infrastructure and facilities specialising in research, development and testing of offshore renewable energy systems including electrical subsystems and grid integration across a range of TRLs (1-7). Activities within the project target a balance between networking, standardisation, joint research, training & education, as well as transnational access to the infrastructures, including virtual access and the development of e-infrastructures.
- Development of standardized procedures and metrics for the financial assessment of offshore renewable energy projects.
- Development of physical modelling and engineering evaluation processes for ecofriendly anti-fouling coatings and resistance to marine growth of submerged structures.
- Organization of 3 MaRINET2 infrastructures’ users workshops.
- Coordination of the MARINET2 Training Programme comprising 10 short-courses and a set of webinars and webcasts.
- Organization/co-organization of 3 short-courses within the MaRINET2 Training Programme.
Coordinator at WavEC: José Cândido
Total Funding (Requested EU contribution): € 10 592 285
WavEC Funding: € 338 748
Duration: January 2017 – June 2021 (54 months)
Coordinator: UCC MaREI
Partners: EMEC, Ifremer, UoS, TECNALIA, DTU, AAU, ORECat, UC-IHC, TTC, ECN, EurOcean, SmartBay, SINTEF, UN, EXE, CENER, CNR-INSEAN, FloWave, FZK, Marin, CTC, CRIACIV LABIMA, UOP, PLOCAN, NUIG, EVE, QUB, NTNU, Surrey, SSPA, BiMEP, MARIS, CSC, UU, OCD, UL, UEDIN, OEE e WavEC Offshore Renewables